a. 2018 AGM & ANNUAL SYMPOSIUM
Download registration form and more details by clicking on the link below
b. COM SCC Practical 2018 Examination Dates
Please note that the 2018 COMSCC Practical will be held at Freda Rebecca Mine on 12 April 2018. Candidates should organise their own accommodation.
Please ensure you are registered on the concert website www.comcert.co.za.
Candidates please note the following general rules:
- The examination will start at 0830hrs.
- Candidates should arrive at 0730hrs to allow for induction, medicals and collection of access cards underground.
- No late comers will be entertained.
- No induction no examination.
Please note the registration and administration fees are as follows
ZINIRE Members $75
Non ZINIRE Members $100
Please confirm with Senzeni Moyo on firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you are registered correctly
Please note that
- You still have to have registered with the Examining Body (Chamber of Mines of South Africa) online for the examination on www.comcert.co.za
- Due to the limited number of examiners the exam is limited to a maximum of 15 candidates.
- If less than 10 candidates register for the practical it will be postponed to a date after the results of the October 2018 SCC Theory examinations are out.
- Only those who will have registered with COMCERT online and ZINIRE (Click here to download form) and sent in their proof of payment to the ZINIRE treasurer Senzeni Moyo (email@example.com) will be permitted to write the examination. You will receive an examination confirmation slip once the treasurer has received your payment.
- Payments are to be made to ZINIRE, Stanbic Bank, Gweru Branch, Please contact treasurer Senzeni Moyo (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
- If your ZINIRE Membership is not up to date please pay the non-member’s fees
- You can pay by Ecocash, Vpayments or Telecash provided by our service provider (Paynow). Please note that the Paynow charges will be up and above the exam fees. If using this facility please use your Name, Surname and ID No. as invoice number. (Click on the Pay Now link below:
c. Young Rock Engineers Foundation
We are proud to announce our approved association with the Zimbabwe School of Mines and the University of Zimbabwe Geology Department. We are also in the process of processing affiliations to the UZ Mining Department and the MSU Mining Department. Our endeavours are to form branches of the Young Rock Engineers Foundation (YREF) in order to develop rock engineers from a college level and provide industry with a thoroughbred crop of engineers in our fight against falls of ground.
i) Zimbabwe School of Mines YREF Branch
The Zimbabwe School of Mines chapter of YREF was launched on 3 May 2016. This is a landmark in the history of the rock engineering in Zimbabwe and Africa as the first University based primarily Rock Engineering chapter.
Thanks to the ZSM Board and Lecturers, Zimplats & Unki Mines management, Duraset, Aveng, Original Technology & BMA-Shepco for supporting the event
ii) Other Branches
We are proud to make the following announcement
The Department of Mining at Midlands State University (MSU) is affiliated as an Institutional Member of ZINIRE.
We look forward to the launch of YREF at MSU soon
The UZ and MSU Branches are planned to be launched later in the year watch this space for more details
d. Mine Visits
The following mine visits are pending approval by the respective mines
- BNC (Bindura) 15 Feb 2018 (completed)
- Freda Rebeca TBA
- Mimosa Mine TBA
- Turkey Mine TBA
Advancing Rock Engineering Knowledge Through Research and Development